Florence trip planning services
Istituto Galilei’s aim is to make you experience an amazing study period and a pleasant and enjoyable stay in Florence and in Italy.
This is why we provide a wide range of Florence trip planning services to our students in order to help and be of assistance at every moment of their stay. As natives and locals we can always offer you the right solution to every need or necessity, such as:
- Travel planning: to finalize every detail of your trip
- Study Visas assistance: for students coming for long periods
- Housing: to be at your side when searching for the best place to stay while in town
- Transfer: to organize a pickup service for you upon your arrival
- Orientation: to help you get familiar with the school and the city
- Facilities: to always make sure you can have access to all facilities you might need during your stay
Istituto Galilei provides high quality courses and programs, together with Florence trip planning services and total assistance during your stay!
Istituto Galilei in Florence successfully offers, since 1985, Italian language and culture programs at the heart of Italy.
Our friendly staff and teachers are focused on our students’ well-being, and we all will be glad and happy to help and support you at every step of the way.
Our secretary’s office can assist you in organizing your stay in Italy from the very beginning, planning your trip and scheduling your courses and activities with personal care and attention.
Ask for our help in your Florence trip planning and we will:
– recommend you the best courses’ options according to your personal necessities
– suggest you destinations and itineraries for your journey
– book accommodation and transports
– make reservations for museums and excursions
We will do our best to make your study holiday with us an unforgettable experience!
The Florence trip planning services are reserved for the students who are enrolled in our school, in order to meet their specific needs and organize a completely tailored experience for them in Italy.
Our Florence trip planning services include also Visa assistance. For foreign students (Non-EU) who wish to study in Italy we provide all the necessary documents and assistance in order to allow you to request your Student Visa from the Italian Embassy in your country of origin.
If you require an enrolment certificate to apply for a Student Visa in Italy, the total course fee shall be paid in advance (see rules and regulations).
In case the Visa will not be granted, you shall send us a written letter from the Embassy stating the refusal. At this point, the school will reimburse you the course fee less any bank charges.
For further information about the requirements to apply for a student VISA visit https://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en
After receiving the visa, it will not be possible to change the course dates or cancel the course. No refunds will be given for suspended or interrupted courses.
In case you need Visa information during your Florence trip planning, we recommend you to inform yourself well in advance at the Italian Embassy/Consulate in your country for the requirements and waiting times.
Private transfer service
A private car transfer is an optimal choice if you don’t want to deal with public transportations and taxis. In this way you will enjoy a safe and comfortable drive while focusing on your Italian course and activities in Florence.
You will be welcomed by one of our reliable drivers, who will be waiting for you at your arrival, perfectly recognizable as carrying a sign with Istituto Galilei Florence and your name on it.
Asking for our Florence trip planning services you can request a pick-up service from the airport or from the train station. The prices for one person one way are the following:
|from Florence train station||€ 55,00|
|from Florence airport||€ 85,00|
|from Pisa airport||€ 220,00|
- 10% will be added to the total price if the arrival/departure is before 8:00am and/or after 8pm (night shift)
- *Please add 10% for each extra passenger
Kindly note that private car transfer services are available from all airports and train stations in Italy (prices on request).
For any further information and/or if would like to book the transfer service please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your accommodation in Florence!
Studying abroad is a wonderful experience and finding the perfect lodging solution is crucial in order to get the best from your “Italian life”. There’s nothing better than having a nice and comfortable place to go after a day of studying and travelling!
This is why our Florence trip planning services include taking care of booking the best accommodation in Florence for you, which will suit your needs and personality. And that’s also why we remain at your full disposal to help you during your stay for any unexpected issue that might arise.
This service is free of charge and accommodation is available for the whole period of your study with us (holidays included). All lodging solutions are carefully selected by our staff and are located in areas both close to the school or, if further away, well connected by public transport.
If you need our help with your Florence trip planning, our secretary’s office can make a reservation for you. We kindly ask you to inform us at the moment of your enrollment. At soon as we complete the reservation, we will send you the full details before your course starts. After you receive your accommodation information, it is very important that you inform our offices or contact directly the owner/family – 4/5 days before you arrive – to let them know your expected arrival time, so to be waiting for you at home.
Our secretary’s office can book for you among a range of trusted solutions, such as Homestay with an Italian family, shared or private apartments, hotels and residences. The details are the following:
- room with an Italian family: To experience the real daily life in Italy, this is surely the best solution. You will live together with a native Italian family, enjoying breakfast and dinner with them, which will allow you to practice your Italian also outside the class. The fee includes room, bed linen, towels, breakfast and dinner. (from Euro 35,00 per day)
- shared apartment: Living in a shared apartment is an optimal solution if you wish to enjoy other students’ company but being fully independent. The price includes the room, bed linens, towels and the use of the kitchen (from Euro 17,00 per day)
- hotel: Choosing a nearby hotel will give you the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing and comfortable stay, so to concentrate on your courses and activities without having to worry about making the bed. Prices may vary according to rating and seasonality, but Istituto Galilei collaborates with affiliate hotels that reserve our students/clients the best fees all year round.
- flat/apartment: if you want to enjoy Florence and Tuscany but prefer to have your privacy and independence, we can book for you a nicely furnished and fully equipped apartment in the center of the city (from Euro 550 per week)
Since Florence is a very touristic city, in order to be able to book the best solution for your Florence trip planning, we reccommend you to start accommodation booking at least 2-3 months in advance.
To receive further information, do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience at email@example.com
When students ask for our help in their Florence trip planning, they get all the necessary information and orientation.
On the first day of class, you will be welcomed by the Director of the Institute together with our staff.
Upon arrival, you will receive all the necessary information for your courses and your stay, in order to help you immediately feel familiar with the Institute and at ease in the surrounding area.
Our secretary’s office will give you the materials for your course together with a Welcome Pack (including a map of Florence and a list of restaurants). Inside you will also find general information for travellers in Italy, the complete list of our Florence trip planning services and useful emergency numbers.
Last but not least, you will be invited to join a walking tour in the center of Florence, guided by one of our Art History teachers, who will take you through some of the most beautiful streets in Florence. The walking tour is free for all our students (and their friends!), it is an initiative that Istituto Galilei is glad to offer once a week free of charge to let you get familiar with our beautiful town from the very first moment.
Choose to learn the Italian language and/or Italian culture in Florence in a comfortable environment and take benefit from our Florence trip planning services.
Istituto Galilei classrooms are equipped with air conditioning, audio-visual system, stereo recording facilities as well as a computer to practice the grammar and to connect to internet.
Moreover, in our small and cozy lounge at the entrance, teachers and students can interact and share, before and after classes, pleasant talks and free moments, learning from each other every day.
For music lovers and opera singers coming for specialized courses (phonetics and librettos study) a piano is available.
Library and media
Istituto Galilei in Florence has also a library, with texts of Italian literature, art, history (and many other topics) enriched by an interesting collection of Italian movies on Dvd.
Both the library and the dvd collection are available for our students who would like to practice the language outside the class. Our teachers and staff will be glad to be of assistance and help you choose the most appropriate text/movie for your level of Italian.
A wireless connection is available in the Istituto and can be used by the students with their own mobiles and laptops, to work and study also after the classes.
Italy is waiting for you!
Istituto Galilei can help you planning your trip in Florence, Italy, letting you discover all the wonders of our beautiful country!